Friday, June 10, 2011

pheww


i feel like a broken marionette doll, my strings are being totally controlled by the all mighty and powerful God; all the walking that we've done today is killing me, HE is the only one keeping me from falling over and taking a POWER NAP haha... i never expected there to be so much walking to be involved in this camp. but like ive learned today from the kids.... their expectations as well have changed. I cant say how blessed and thankful to God I am for opening he door to this opportunity for me. but anywaysss.. today was a busy busy day! it felt like 3 days in one! from the 6 am wake up call , to the classes, to the loooooonnnnggg campus tour/ walk to the rec center & the dance off in the gym. the past 24 hours have been THE BOMB DOT COM! ahaha the kids today went to classes where they learned things like study skills, college access, business 101 and leadership. the tour of the campus was so great for the kids who were so interested in texas state which is something i learned from interviewing a couple of the kids. i have been so impacted by asking them questions and getting to know them on a personal level this experience has changed my life for the better in soooo many ways.


-joanna

No comments:

Post a Comment